Monday, October 01, 2018

10 things October



1.  The story of right now involves House Projects, always a project going on over here.  I must say, I quite love decorating especially for the seasons.  right now, we have a heating system change over (to propane). a fireplace redo (to propane) and a basement redo.  Let's just say the basement redo was completely not in the plans, but we had a little flood down there a few weeks back that involved a groundwater drain clog. J was away on a trip at the time (hence no one noticed the water for several days) and it was super stressful.  Luckily, I'm an ace with plastic bin storage, so nothing got ruined except for the walls and flooring (and our big TV that we were storing down there during the fireplace remodel).  We're using this as an opportunity to expand the space and create a little hang out space for the kids plus an office.  It will be blessing in disguise.  Stay tuned for photos!




2.) .  L loves all his field trips and tinkering class at his new school.    I love this school so much!  The people and teachers are amazing and LOVE what they do (and have the freedom to follow their passions along with their teaching which translates over tot the kids doing the same). Even though it's hard being the "new Kid" (both Mom and Kid) were making some new connections.   He just joined the afterschool Rock band (bass guitar) and has started in a local Martial Arts class.  Right now, his main project at home has been candle making and he's made some pretty cool layered ones with soy wax and essential oils.  He's just such a cool kid.




3.) T seems to have found a good balance and rhythm to his High School days between activities and classes which was a real struggle in the past.  This year he has 2 AP classes (History and Literature) and honors Math and Sciences.  He's taking outdoor activities and Video production which I'm sure he'll love.  This fall, he's swimming in a HS prep group with the swim club and loving his new found freedom he has been craving with getting his driver's license recently. He's surfing and the weekends and playing in a once a week Lacrosse league for fun (has discontinued the travel team).   Last weekend he attended the homecoming dance with a group of friends and just signed up to take the school Europe trip in June (Copenhagen, Netherlands, Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris), He is super excited!  He's been nominated to apply to the National Honors society, and We're starting the process to build a college list and going to be planning some visits, soon, gulp! 




4.) J is in the busy time at work, lots of late evenings, lots of phone calls and travel....conference time!  When he is not working, he's usually tinkering around the house on things that are broken or rebuilding.  It really is his passion.  I come up with the idea and he makes it happen! It must be true love. 




5.) B is doing awesome in the 8th grade!  I hardly ever hear from school and except for grumbling about homework she's doing great!  Last weekend she participated in a unified Flag football game with a local HS football team and she had a blast.  Everything football continues to be her passion.  Next week is her 14th bday!  We have a party planned to take some friends out to Olive Garden and to round one (arcade/bowling). 




6.) Next week is my 44th bday...yikes. I have an appointment at the Spa and  plan to do some major relaxing.  It's my favorite month of the year!




7.)  things I'm loving right now..... diffusing essential oils, decorating for Halloween, Baking and cooking fall things (hoping to get apple picking one of these days!), My new teal colored Keurig Coffee maker, Afternoon naps, Tuesday evening Yoga classes, listening podcasts on the way home from school pick up,  Aveda Skincare and Hair products, swimming at the Y, and Planning ahead for holidays.
 


8.) Life feels very settled right now, even though we're constantly in a whirlwind of change with the kids growing older.  I know I need to do better at slowing down, enjoying the small moments,  and letting go, but it's hard!  






9.)Things I can't live without right now.......Find my phone for tracking our new driver to make sure he arrives safely at all his destinations.  It's a piece of mind that my parents never had! Also, my instant pot for making warm fall meals (think Chili) a breeze. 






10.)  Things I'm looking forward to: Our trip to Bar Harbor this long weekend for hiking and Biking! The beauty of all the fall foliage here in New England, Apple Picking, visiting the  Corn Maze and Pumpkin Carving.  And Of Course, the Holidays! 

No comments: